Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Egg Free Vanilla Cupcakes

Seriously?!  I don't know what happened.  I had this nice blog post all typed out, saved and scheduled.  Then once it posted, all that was there is a nice picture of cupcakes.  No text.  No recipes. Gone.

Where'd did it all go?  I don't know.  

I made these cuties a few weeks ago.  My husband came home from work and saw these on the counter (along with a few wide eyed drooling children close by) and teased "who's birthday is it?"

Really.  Like the only time I ever make cupcakes is on someone's birthday.

But to be fair, it has been awhile since I've had much time and desire to bake.  This past year has been a whirlwind with us moving to a different state, hubs starting a new job, kids starting a new school, renting a house, building a house, moving again, and the kids starting another new school! (Phew!)

People ask me if I'm "all settled in" and while all our belongings are unpacked, I think it will take me some time to feel adjusted, and to make things feel like home.

So while we may not be celebrating a birthday, I would say we are certainly celebrating surviving this past year with all it's changes and transitions.

This is a recipe I've posted before. It's so delicious! It was time to update the photo, and put it in the spotlight again.  I don't have a frosting recipe because I'm currently on the search (again) for a fool-proof, good tasting frosting recipe.  I've found a couple that look promising so we'll see.

Enjoy! 

Egg Free Vanilla Cupcakes
From cookbook "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World"
(Dairy added back in) 

1 cup buttermilk
1-1/4 cups flour 
2 Tbsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin tin pan with paper liners.  In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  In another bowl, mix together buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla.  Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until no large lumps remain.  Fill prepared muffin cup 2/3 full.  Don't overfill.  Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let cool 5-10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.  Frost and decorate as desired.
Yield 12 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment