Friday, April 28, 2017

Crispy Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't think my family will ever tire of chocolate chip cookies.  I like a change every now and then, but really the classic, well-loved chocolate chip cookie just can't be beat!  At least not in this household.  

There are dozens of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there, and they all seem to claim being "the best".  I suppose "the best" would depend on personal preference.  Are you a chewy cookie person or a crispy cookie person?  Lots of chocolate chips or just a few?  Buttery?  Thick or thin?  

I'm typically a chewy cookie person myself.  With lots of chocolate chips, please.

Really all chocolate chip cookie recipes consist of the same basic ingredients: flour, combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, chocolate chips and so on.  The different recipes you find will change the ratio of ingredients, or method of mixing to create something slightly different.

The recipe I'm sharing with you today bakes up BEAUTIFULLY!  Probably the most gorgeous chocolate chip cookies I've ever made.  They fall more on the "crispy" spectrum of chocolate chip cookies which is why I titled them as I did, but they are not crunchy-break-your-teeth.  Just slightly crisp when compared to the other chocolate chip cookie recipe on my blog which is more soft and chewy.  So don't let the word "crispy" scare you away if you are a faithful chewy cookie lover.  

Just think cookies + milk.  This cookie would be the one.


I'm thinking these would package nicely for a gift or a bake sale. 

As I've mentioned before in other cookie posts, I used my go to egg substitute of cream cheese for these. I typically use 3 oz of cream cheese per egg in cookie recipes.  The egg is not even missed! Promise!



Crispy Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Egg Free Bakery

1/2 cup butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.  In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese and sugars until well combined and smooth.  Mix in vanilla.  Add flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie and roll each into a ball.  Place on parchment lined baking sheets leaving 2-3 inches of space between each.  ( I have found 12 cookies per sheet works well for these).  Bake one pan at a time in preheated oven for 10-13 minutes, keeping an eye on them after 10 minutes and taking them out when they have browned to your liking.  Remove and allow the cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5-7 minutes, then remove cookies from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. 

Yields about 18 large cookies ....depending on how much cookie dough you eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment