Monday, March 21, 2016

Chicken Salad (with apples and celery)

I thought I'd share another chicken salad recipe a la my friend Lisa, who introduced me to the Avocado Chicken Salad already on my site. (One of my faves!) 


Lisa is one of those friends that we won't see each other for months, and when we do get together it's like no time has passed and we can pick up right where we left off. I love having friends like that! 

We used to get our kids together when they were littler every week for a play date, lunch and craft. I always enjoyed having lunch at Lisa's house. She's made this chicken salad for me several times and I love it! She doesn't really have a recipe, she just kind of eyeballs everything. So feel free to change it up the way you like. She uses mayonnaise, but to make it egg free I used sour cream. Yogurt could be another option too. Enjoy!


Chicken Salad (with apples and celery)
From Egg Free Bakery

1 12.5 oz can chicken
About half of a small apple, diced
1 stalk of celery, finely diced
Sunflower seeds, optional
1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt plus more to taste 
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
Kosher salt to taste

Combine everything in a bowl and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust proportions ( ex more salt or sour cream etc) according to preference. Serve with crackers or in a pita or however else you like. Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment