Tuesday, August 11, 2015

No Bake Egg Free Chocolate Cheesecake

Well hello out there!  It's been a long time.  I've come to accept  the fact that my blogging is going to be really sporadic.  I do think about it often.  It's fun to share egg free recipe successes I've had.  (Because believe me it is quite frustrating when you have a recipe fail!)  But such is life.  It's crazy and it's busy and I'll try to sneak in a few posts here and there. The opportunity arose for me to bring a pie to a social function.  I had to do  a lusciously rich and decadent chocolate pie because I was going to have help eating it!  It's SO easy and SO good and it's No Bake, making it a perfect summer treat when the last thing you feel like doing is heating up your whole house that doesn't have air conditioning by turning on the oven and slaving in a kitchen that is already hot and sticky and you haven't even moved off the couch yet.  (I'm so done with summer can you tell?  It was good but I've had my fill.)  The recipe is already egg free too-- another perk-- so I don't have to mess around with substitutions and the aforementioned recipe fails.  The only change I made to this recipe is I used real whipped cream instead of cool whip (can't stand the taste!-- or after taste rather)  But just keep in mind that cream doubles after you whip it... unless you were intending to have leftovers which we will just say that I was.  This is another one of those "FOR THE SERIOUS CHOCOLATE LOVERS ONLY"  We don't want to be wasting none of this pie on those who won't truly enjoy it!


No Bake Egg Free Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
Recipe from Hershey's, slightly adapted by Egg Free Bakery.

1-1/2 cups "safe" semi-sweet chocolate chips (we did in fact use Hershey's)
11 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
1 pkg graham cracker crumb crust 

Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl at heat at 50% power for a couple minutes, stopping at frequent interval to stir.  Heat until melted.  Set aside to cool.  In another bowl, beat softened cream cheese, butter and sugar until creamy.  Gradually add melted chocolate chips, beating on low until blended.  Gently blend in whipped cream until combined.  Spoon mixture in graham cracker crust and refrigerate until firm.  Garnish with chopped chocolate or chocolate curls if desired.  Slice and serve!








No comments:

Post a Comment