Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Egg free banana pancakes

You know it's going to be a long day when you start counting down the hours until bedtime the minute you wake up. 

Sigh. 9 more hours.

But, if I'm lucky maybe I can sneak a nap in. That is if I get cooperation from the littles around here. I swear some days they are conspiring against me! How come I'm the only one who wants to sleep around here?! 

I have early risers. All three of them. Six o'clock rolls around and they are up and ready to go. I mean they are READY to go! My hubs and I are looking forward to the day when our kids are teenagers and we can exact our revenge! >insert evil laughter<

What's that have to do with today's post? Nothing. Except this is what I made for my kids breakfast this morning.


Egg Free Banana Pancakes
From Egg Free Bakery

2 overripe bananas, mashed
1-1/2 cups milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon, optional

In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and optional cinnamon. In another bowl, combine mashed bananas, milk, vinegar and oil. Preheat griddle over medium heat. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Scoop out 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto hot griddle. Cook about 2 minutes per side, flipping only once. Remove from griddle. Serve with additional bananas for garnish if desired and maple syrup. Yield 12-15 pancakes

*you can use just all purpose flour. I haven't tried it with all whole wheat flour yet.
*a handful of chocolate chips folded into the batter would be s special treat too!

No comments:

Post a Comment