Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm baaaaack.

I'm back!  Well... sort of.  I thought I'd check in and schedule a few posts that I had waiting to be shared from awhile ago.  We've been taking it easy this summer since baby girl was born. Transitioning from 2 kids to 3 kids wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... but I was also expecting it to be really hard.  All my friends would tell me about how hard it was going to three kids, but we've been doing ok.  


All things considered I think I kept my kids pretty well entertained this summer for not really leaving the house 5 out of 7 days of the week.   
 

We made homemade bubbles and glitter play-doh, played in the sprinklers A LOT, and, well, I'll be honest here, my kids have "The Lego Movie" and "Hotel Transylvania" memorized word for word. So you can imagine what else we have been doing a lot of too. 

It's definitely busier with three kids.  I'm in a never ending battle with dishes and laundry. Sleep has become infinitely more important than some of my beloved hobbies such as cooking, blogging and reading.  That being said I can already tell that I won't be able to experiment with recipes and post as frequently as I had been.  Like I mentioned earlier, I have a few posts scheduled for you but after that my posting will probably be random for a little while.

I do have a recipe for you today- S'more Bars!  I tried two different recipes and I liked these ones the best.  Even my hubs who is not a s'more/marshmallow fan said these were good.

Egg & Nut Free S'more Cookie Bars
From Averie Cooks, adapted Egg free by Egg Free Bakery

1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
5 full-size graham crackers, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
1 heaping cup mini marshmallows
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped up Chocolate Hershey's Bar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line an 8 X 8 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.  Remove from microwave and place cream cheese in the melted butter  Allow to cool for a minute.  Add brown sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth and combined.  Add the flour and stir to combine.  Fold in chopped up crackers, marshmallows and chocolate. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.  Bake about 22-25 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from pan and slicing into bars.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I had baby #3 last summer, it's definitely a transition, but it gets easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little family! I'm glad to hear everything is going well! :-)

    Those bars look delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny! I had people tell me how hard having three kids would be too. And although it's always an adjustment to add another kid I didn't think it was as bad as everyone made it sound like it would be! Sounds like you've had a fun summer. You are such a good mom and always doing fun things with your kids. And those smore's bars look so good, I'll have to try that recipe out since my family loves smores.

    ReplyDelete