Friday, June 13, 2014

Egg & Nut Free Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake

I'm going to be taking a break from my blog for a little as I am days away from having my baby!  I know I will be busy taking care of baby girl and spending time with my family.

I thought I'd leave you with this yummy and classic chocolate sheet cake recipe before I head out. It's the perfect dessert for your summer parties, potlucks and BBQs.  No one will even guess it is egg free!

I'll be back soon!  Enjoy!


Egg & Nut Free Old Fashioned Chocolate Sheet Cake
From Egg Free Bakery

Cake: 
½ cup butter   
½ cup shortening 
4 tbsp cocoa 
1 cup water 
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar 
1 cup buttermilk 
1 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla
Dash salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a saucepan mix together butter, shortening, cocoa, and water over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring til smooth. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour and sugar.  After butter mixture has come to a bowl, remove from heat and pour mixture over flour and sugar mixture.  Mix well.   Add buttermilk, soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and mix well.  Pour into a greased 10 x 15 inch pan.  Bake 18-20 minutes.  5 minutes before cake is done baking, prepare frosting.

Frosting: 
½ cup butter   
4 tbsp cocoa 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
6 tbsp milk 
4 cups powdered sugar

Melt butter; add cocoa, vanilla and milk.  Bring to a boil.  Remove from heat and add powdered sugar.  Mix together until smooth.  Pour frosting over cake while still hot.  Let cake cool before slicing and serving.  Yields about 2 dozens servings

No comments:

Post a Comment