Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Finds + Egg & Peanut Free Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Due to my son's nut allergy I hadn't been able to bake with anything other than chocolate chips.  Until now!! I had been considering ordering some baking chips from Vermont Nut Free Company, but honestly, ordering online is not really my thing.  Until recently, I hadn't discovered that Guittard brand chocolate is made in a peanut free facility. Hence my Friday Find. Hooray!  I stocked up on a bunch of Guittard butterscotch chips and vanilla chips while at Winco the other day.  I can't wait to bake with them all.  The first item on my bucket list was to make these Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies.  I remember loving them as a kid and they are still just as delicious. 


Egg & Nut Free Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
From Egg Free Bakery

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
6 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
1-2/3 cup Guittard Butterscotch Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, shortening and cream cheese until well combined.  Add sugars and mix well.  Add vanilla.  Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.  Mix until until combined.  Add oats and chips.  Drop dough by tablespoonfuls on ungreased or parchment lined baking sheets.  Roll each piece of dough into a ball and flatten slightly with your palm.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely before storing.  Yield about 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment