Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Finds: Dyeable Plastic Easter Eggs

I was at Walmart earlier this week (purchasing the very much anticipated "Frozen" movie) and was browsing through the Easter section getting basket ideas when I found these:



Dyeable Faux Easter Eggs!  I don't know how long these have been around, but it was the first time I had seen them.  The instructions say you can use them with any egg dye kit. It'll be a first for my kids being able to dye Easter eggs!  We'll see how it works!

*UPDATE:
So this past weekend we tried it out and I thought I'd report how it went.  It went really good!  It was just like dying regular eggs.  The only difference was the faux eggs only yielded pastel colored eggs rather than deeper colored eggs.  (yes as kids we would soak our eggs for a looooooong time to get them dark!)  Here's how they turned out:


My kids had so much fun.  My hubs  and I actually preferred the faux eggs over the regular eggs... because when my kids dropped them, repeatedly, (seriously!?) we didn't have to worry about cracking.  :)  And we didn't have nine dozen hard boiled eggs that we didn't know what to do with.  (Not that we would have eggs in our house anyway but you get my meaning)

I hope I can find these every year so we can participate in this fun Easter tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment