Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Every year here in my town, we have a "teaser" week sometime in February that is warm, sunny and spring-like.  We had our spring-teaser-week the last week of February.  I sent the kids outside almost everyday to play and now I'm ready for spring!  But for those of us who have lived here awhile aren't fooled.  We all know what is in store for us: 3-4 more months of RAIN!  Sigh.  I guess that's the price we have to pay to live in an area that is lusciously green year round.

Today I have a dinner recipe to share with you.  I think I've mentioned already about my battle with dinner time.  Aside from the food allergy issue, I like things that are healthy, inexpensive, fresh, fairly easy to prepare and I like variety.  (Is that too much to ask??) I get bored easily and try a couple of new recipes monthly.  This is a recipe that I tried that has made the cut for the recipe box.  I've made it several times. It's chock-full of delicious flavors, and the sauce is lightened up so it's not as bad for you as a cream based sauce.  It's also relatively quick to make.  All of it is done in a skillet on the stovetop.  The only change I made was omitted the mushrooms.  I think I've already stated my dislike for mushrooms- probably mostly a texture thing for me.  The spices might be too much for kids so feel from to adjust according to taste.

Enjoy!


View the recipe for Cajun Chicken Pasta @ Skinny Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment