Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Finds: Mustard Free Salad Dressings

With my boy's food allergies, we choose to err on the side of caution and not have anything my boy is allergic to in the house.  I want our house to be "safe" and I don't want any mistakes made.  They've happened before and mistakes are serious here.

My boy has a mustard allergy, which is rare in the US.  Mustard is actually in a lot of foods.  One such food is salad dressings.  I don't mind making homemade salad dressing every now and then but the dressing doesn't last very long and I don't want it to take me all day (slight exaggeration) to make a salad.  So I've been on the hunt for a salad dressing that doesn't contain mustard.

I found some!!!

My boy doesn't like salad dressing, but I feel comfortable with these that if he were to want some- we'd try these:

 

(Ingredients:  WATER, EXPELLER PRESSED VEGETABLE OIL (CANOLA AND/OR SUNFLOWER), BALSAMIC VINEGAR, SUN DRIED TOMATOES, SEA SALT, GARLIC, XANTHAN GUM, OREGANO, BASIL, PARSLEY, BLACK PEPPER.


(Ingredients: canola oil, cider vinegar, water, sugar, salt, natural cheese flavors, buttermilk powder, parmesan cheese, black pepper, xanthan gum, granulated garlic, cultured dextrose)

A couple others that I've looked at but haven't tried yet:

 
(Ingredients: Water, Balsamic Vinegar (sulfites), cider vinegar, dried onion, dried garlic, dried red and green bell peppers, guar gum, xanthan gum, natural flavor, salt, sugar)


(Ingredients: water, sugar, cider vinegar, fruit juice blend (apple concentrate, pear concentrate, clarified lemon concentrate, elderberrry concentrate, raspberry concentrate, cucumber juice (cucumber juice, vinegar, salt), concentrated lemon juice, salt, dried red bell pepper, dried garlic, dried onion, citric acid, fruit juice for color, xathan gum, natural flavors, grape skin extract)

I was excited to find these and thought I'd share them for any others with a mustard allergy.  The other thing I like about these salad dressings is they don't have that strong chemical taste/aftertaste.  Even without a mustard allergy, I'd recommend these brands of salad dressings over the less expensive (read: cheaper) varieties.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment