Friday, December 13, 2013

Egg Free Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal

Really?  Only 12 more days until Christmas?  I'm ready though.  I got on top of things this year.  I had all my shopping done before December, I got my Christmas cards sent out.  I really tried to simplify things a little bit this year so that I could more fully relax and enjoy the season.  It's my favorite time of the year.  Today I have a recipe for baked oatmeal that has a holiday twist:  baked gingerbread oatmeal.  Crisp exterior and soft in the center, spiced with cinnamon and ginger.  Perfect for these chilly mornings.  Enjoy!



Egg Free Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
From Egg Free Bakery

1-1/2 cup oats
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp molasses
½ cup milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp applesauce
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
Dash cloves
Dash nutmeg
Sliced Bananas

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients together and stir until everything is well incorporated.  Grease individual ramekins or a 8 X 8 inch dish. Place one layer of sliced bananas on the bottom of baking dish.  Pour oatmeal mixture over sliced bananas.  Bake 25-30 minutes.  Let cool 2-3 minutes before serving.  Serve with additional sliced bananans to garnish and a splash of milk or dollop of whipped cream.

Flashback Friday:
One Year ago I posted this recipe for Egg Free Chocolate Cookies, with a few different ideas for variations to make holiday baking a little easier.  One recipe = lots of possibilities.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment