Friday, November 8, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Simple recipe for you today, but one that I have been loving.  It's homemade taco seasoning from Annie's Eats.  You probably have these spices hanging out in your cupboard too!  No need to buy taco seasoning packets-- just make your own! SO much better and without the chemical after taste.  Use a heaping tablespoonful in any recipe calling for a taco seasoning packet.

 

Homemade Taco Seasoning
From Annie's Eats,  slightly adapted from Egg Free Bakery (I added salt)
View Printable Recipe Here

4 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well to blend.  Store in an airtight container until ready to use.  

To prepare taco meat, use 2 heaping tablespoons in place of a package of taco seasoning (cook approximately 1 lb. of beef or chicken, add 1 cup of water with the seasoning, and simmer until the liquid is almost completely gone.) Or use in any recipe to replace package of taco seasoning mix.

Flashback Friday:

 

One Year Ago I posted these delicious Egg Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I hate when I find typos in my recipes. I had listed only 1 tablespoon of chili powder, when really the recipe should have 4 tablespoons. I've made the changes in the recipe to reflect the correct amount. Sorry if that inconvenienced anyone!

    ReplyDelete