Friday, August 16, 2013

Blackberry Cheesecake Trifles

We went out and picked our first bucket of Blackberries the other day (with many more buckets to come in the future I'm sure).  I got a few battle scars and scrapes, cuz I was dumb and was wearing shorts, but it was worth it!  I came home and my mind was whirling~ what am I going to make first!?  And, after finishing my "what to do with blackberries" post I had lots of things I wanted to try.  I ended up making these berry cheesecake trifles.  Believe it or not, this is actually the first time I've ever even made or eaten a trifle!  I've kind of gone trifle crazy (as anyone who has seen my pinterest board could tell you that.)  That's where I found this recipe- via pinterest.

SURVEY says.... {drum roll please}....
LOVED IT!!  I was ecstatic how the fluffy cheesecake turned out!  I had attempted making something similar before for pancakes, and it was a chunky, yucky mess.  This turned out fluffy and PERFECT.  I may or may not have been doing a victory dance.  Good thing my kids are too young to be embarrassed by me.
I think the hubs was though.

 

Blackberry (or any berry) Cheesecake Trifles
From Glorious Treats  

Graham Cracker Crumble:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 full sized crackers)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon sugar


Fluffy Cheesecake:
1- 8oz block cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons milk
2  freshly whipped cream (1 cup cream will yield 2 cups whipped)


Blackberries, or any berries

Graham Cracker Crumble:
Process crackers in food processor until you have fine crumbs. Pour crumbs, sugar and melted butter into a bowl and stir until fully combined. Pour into a 9″x13″ casserole dish and press into a even layer. Bake at 350 degrees  for 10-12 minutes, until light brown. Allow to cool. 

Fluffy Cheesecake:
Beat cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar, beat to combine. Add lemon juice and beat until fully incorporated. Add milk, and combine. Add freshly whipped cream into cream cheese mixture, mixing on low just until incorporated.  


In individual dessert bowls, layer graham cracker crumble, fluffy cheesecake, berries, more cheesecake, and a sprinkling of more graham cracker crumble and a few more berries on top.  Yields about 6-7 mini desserts.  Keeps pretty well in the fridge, though I don't recommend assembling until just before serving.

*I got my trifle dessert bowl dishes at walmart for less than $2/piece.  Suh-weet.  I've been dying to use them!

No comments:

Post a Comment