Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Frozen Chocolate Oreo and Chocolate Banana Pudding Pops

I'm always pretty nervous about buying frozen treats because of nut or egg cross contamination.  I much prefer to make everything at home and from scratch so I know EXACTLY what is going into our food and what it has come in contact with.  I've recently been experimenting with pudding pops!  They are easy, fun, and delicious.  I let the little ones help me make these.  Based very closely off the pudding pops from Our Best Bites, I am sharing these two recipes today:  Chocolate Oreo and Chocolate Banana Frozen Pudding Pops.  My favorite was probably the Chocolate Oreo, but everyone else seems to like the Chocolate Banana best.  Both are good- hits the spot on a hot summer day. 

 

Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pudding Pop
Adapted from Our Best Bites

1 1-oz pkg sugar free chocolate pudding mix
3-4 Oreo cookies
1-3/4 cups half-and-half or equal parts milk & cream (I used milk and cream)

Blend pudding mix, and half and half in a blender until smooth. Stir in crushed cookies by hand. Place in molds and freeze.

Frozen Chocolate Banana Pudding Pop
1 1-oz pkg sugar free chocolate pudding mix
1 medium ripe banana
1 cup milk
3/4 cup cream
(or 1-3/4 cup half-and-half)
mini chocolate chips, optional

Combine pudding, banana, milk and cream (or half-and-half) in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add mini chips, if using.  Divide mixture into popsicle molds.  Transfer to the freezer and freeze until firm.  When ready to serve, remove from freezer and run popsicle mold under warm water to help release popsicle from the mold.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment