Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chili-Lime Mango Chicken Skewers

You know, I just realized that I use a lot of exclamation points in my typing and writing and texting and facebooking.  I use a lot of dashes too- and probably not correctly either.  You'd think that they way we write would maybe suggest something about our personalities, but I'm definitely not an "!" person.  I'm more like... a parenthesis or a semicolon.  Something boring like that.  But when I write, everything is just so exciting I have to use lots of exclamations!  "Hi!  How are you!  I'm good!"

Anyway, now that I've pointed that out, that's all anyone's going to notice.  ha ha But food IS exciting and I am absolutely in LOVE with these skewers!  They are just bursting with perfectly balanced sweet and spicy flavors.  They are allergy friendly too!


Chili-Lime Mango Chicken Skewers

6 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
1 tsp chili powder
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes

If you’re using wooden/bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before you use them. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cayenne, salt and sugar. Place in a zip-lock bag and add the chicken and mangoes, stirring gently to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

Prepare grill. Remove the chicken and mangoes from the marinade and thread onto skewers, alternating the pieces and dividing them evenly. Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook, turning until the chicken is nicely charred and cooked through, 6-10 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment