Friday, May 10, 2013

Egg Free Brownie Pudding

In honor of Mother's Day on Sunday I thought I would post a recipe that my mom used to make for us growing up-- and to post something chocolate.  Mother's Day= gotta have chocolate.  I had been flipping through my recipes and came across this and I thought to myself "Oh! Brownie Pudding.  I need to try to make this egg free."  Then to my surprise I discovered the recipe does not even call for any eggs!  Even better is that you probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already for this too. It's a brownie and pudding/chocolate sauce all in one dish.  As it bakes, the brownie layer forms on top while the chocolate pudding/sauce is underneath.  Serving this without ice cream is not an option.  It's a must! (And since I'm always looking for my husband's opinion on everything- he said "This is actually really good.  I had my doubts.  But it is good."  ha ha)


Brownie Pudding 
From Egg Free Bakery, and my mom. :)
View Printable Recipe Here 

1 cup flour
¾ cup sugar
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups boiling water
Vanilla ice cream

In a medium boil, stir together flour, sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Add milk, oil and vanilla; mix until smooth.  Pour batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.  In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa; stir in boiling water.  Slowly pour water mixture over batter.  Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.  Cool for 15-20 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm a fan of your site already! Brownie pudding is a win for sure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete