Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Scones

I think it's time to post something sweet again.  (After my Easter sugar rush I wasn't feeling it!) Here's a recipe for those of you who want chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, why not try these chocolate chip scones?  The recipe already didn't include any eggs- I love it when I find stuff like that!  That means I don't have to mess around finding the right substitution :)  Enjoy!


Chocolate Chip Scones
From Annie's eats, originally from Hershey’s

1-1/2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips 
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. butter, melted
Additional sugar for sprinkling (optional)


Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.  Grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment paper. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; stir to combine.  Toss in the chocolate chips and stir to blend.  Add the heavy cream to the flour mixture, stirring just until a dough forms and the dry ingredients are incorporated.  Knead the dough very briefly with well floured hands to ensure even mixing. Pat dough into a circle about 3/4 inch or so thick.  Use a pizza cutter to slice dough into 8 wedges.  Place wedges on prepared baking sheet. Brush lightly with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar (if using).  Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.

*Note:  Pictured above I just left them plain on top, bu next time I make these I will put the extra sugar on top.  I think it will just give them that extra special "something".




No comments:

Post a Comment