Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Egg Free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

WooHoo! 2 posts today.  It's a double feature.  Since my other post is talking about school Valentines, this post goes along perfectly because I am in charge of bringing the "main dish" for my boy's Valentine's brunch at school. (Pressure?  A little)  I looked for cute ideas online and have you ever seen an idea or had an idea that you have just been so excited about that you couldn't get anything done until you tried it?  Yeah, that's exactly how I was when I saw an idea for making heart-shaped muffins without a heart shaped pan.  Basically, you put a marble or a piece of aluminum foil to help shape your paper liner into a heart shape.  Verdict:  It was ok.  Some of my muffins turned out looking like hearts:



Others just looked like they were smashed.  My Husband thought some of them looked like pacman.

Anyway, It was still fun to try!  I ended up deciding that I will bring these muffins for his class party.  Not sure yet if I'll attempt the pacman hearts again.  I've also been crazy about mini muffins/cupcakes lately too.  They are just so cute and they are bite sized!  Love them. I might just do those...


Egg Free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
From Egg Free Bakery 

1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/3 cup mashed ripe banana
2 tbsp milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.  Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and baking powder.  In another bowl mix together banana milk and oil.  Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.  Don't overmix.  Gently fold in chocolate chips.  Divide batter among muffin tins, filling 3/4 full.  Don't over fill.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  For mini muffins, bake about 15-20 minutes.  Let cool a few minutes in pan then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

*Sharing Recipe on Allergy Free Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment