Friday, December 28, 2012

Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal

Probably one of my most favorite oatmeal recipes.  Creamy and comforting and perfect for those chilly winter mornings.  I found this a few years ago while browsing Quaker Oatmeal's website for recipes.  It was an instant favorite.  My hubs thought putting maple syrup on my oatmeal was the weirdest thing ever, but to me it was the first time I'd ever done it and it was like "why didn't I think of this before!?"  Enjoy!



Creamy Maple Cranberry Oatmeal
From Egg Free Bakery adapted from Quaker Oats.com 
  
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
dash of salt
1-2 tbsp dried cranberries
1 to 1-1/2 tbsp maple syrup, divided

In a microwave safe bowl, combine oats, water, milk, salt , dried cranberries, and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup.  Microwave on high 2-3 minutes.  Let stand another 2-3 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.  (I like mine thicker, but still having some liquid around it)  Drizzle with remaining maple syrup and eat up!  Yields: 1 serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment