Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hawaiian "Pizzadillas"

I'm sure many of you have heard of this idea and may have even tried it.  A few years back I saw the idea for pepperoni pizza quesadillas in a magazine, tried it and liked it.  Then I forgot about the idea.  I'd see it every now and then in magazines- but they always used pepperoni.  (and sadly I cannot find a guaranteed mustard free pepperoni)  BUT, although pepperoni is my favorite pizza topping, it is not the only pizza topping.  So why not make pizza quesadillas with other pizza toppings?  Result?  Loved it!  Tonight we tried Hawaiian Pizza Quesadillas.  The proportions listed below are just ballpark. (I'm really bad about paying attention to quantities when I'm experimenting) Feel free to adjust according to personal preference.

Hawaiian Pizzadillas
From Egg Free Bakery

4 flour tortillas 
1 cup shredded cheese (I did a mozzarella and cheddar blend)
1/2 cup diced ham
1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
2 tbsp chopped green onion
Pizza Sauce for dipping

Heat skillet or electric griddle to medium high heat.  Meanwhile, top half of each tortilla with cheese, diced ham, pineapple and green onion.  Fold other half over toppings.  Place each tortilla on skillet or electric griddle.  Adjust heat as needed.  Cook until golden brown.  Flip and cook until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted inside and warmed through.  If it cooks too fast, the insides won't get heated thoroughly.  Remove and let stand a minute.  Slice each tortilla into wedges with a pizza cutter.  Serve with pizza sauce on the side for dipping.  Yield: 4 pizzadillas -- people will probably want more than one though :)

1 comment:

  1. I pinned this. :) Sounds really yummy! And we have some ham to use up - I may have to try this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete