Friday, August 24, 2012

Nectarine (or Peach) Breakfast Smoothie

I'm trying to make my kids like smoothies. I swear they've got texture issues. I've been on a kick trying to get them to eat nutritious food since all they ever want to eat is cereal, bananas and cheese sandwiches.  Smoothies, I think, are a great way to get vitamins and protein (from the greek yogurt!) into their diet.  I had some nectarines that got ripe faster than we could eat them so I looked online and decided to make this smoothie for breakfast with some oatmeal pancakes. You can make this dairy free by substituting almond milk for regular milk.

Nectarine (or Peach) Breakfast Smoothie
From Egg Free Bakery, inspired by Martha Stewart

2 Nectarines (or Peaches) peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 small banana, cut into chunks
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar or honey
1/4 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
5-6 ice cubes (if using fresh.  If your fruit is frozen you won't need)

Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed and smooth.  Serve immediately.  Makes 2 large smoothies or 3 small ones (perfectly fed me and my 2 kids)

No comments:

Post a Comment